Sunday, February 23, 2014

ANOTHER THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: MONICA PRIETO, AN EXCELLENT JOURNALIST AND CLOSE FRIEND, IS SUFFERING A LOT. WHY? BECAUSE HER HUSBAND, ALSO A REPORTER, IS STILL KIDNAPPED IN SIRIA. BOTH OF THEM ARRIVED TO BEIRUT JUST BEFORE WE LEFT LEBANON. BOTH ARE VERY MUCH COMMITTED TO THE SYRIAN PEOPLE AND HAVE BEEN DOCUMENTING FROM WITHIN AND OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY THE SUFFERING OF SYRIANS. INTERNATIONAL MEDIA, BY THE WAY, FOR A LONG TIME DID NOT CONDEMN WHAT WAS GOING THERE AND ALREADY IN 2012, SYRIA, WAS DEEPLY PLUNGED IN A CIVIL WAR. I ALSO WANT TO DRAW U ATTENTION TELLING U THAT I TRAVELLED ALL OVER SYRIA, BY BUS, AND KNOW WELL WHEN I WAS WORKING IN BEIRUT. I ALSO TRAVELLED THERE WITH JORDI AND WENT TO CRACK DES CHEVALIERS, HOMS, HAMA, ALEPO, DAMASCUS, PALMIRA AND MORE PLACES. AND ALSO WAS ABUSED BY CHILDREN IN A TINY TOWN CALLED DEIR ZUR. HAVE A LOOK AT MY ARTICLE CALLED "A LOS HOMBRES LES GUSTA ENTRE MATARSE". I WROTE, after my mutilating surgery, to BBC MUNDO telling them I was very angry with international media, which, at the time, did not recognise SYRIA was already plunged in a civil WAR. In the same piece, I recall the readers that violence against women happens everywhere and every day. By the way, not only in India as it is so media fashionable NOW. I talk about what happened to JINETH BEDOYA, a Colombian journalist who was raped while documenting violence inside Modelo, a well known prison located in Bogotá. I know well this prison, as I would visit on a regular basis in the past. I mention as well the case of a poor woman, terribly raped in el Parque Nacional. And don't forget Diana, the heroin of my piece EL HADA DE LAS BURBUJAS (about GOOD WILL ABUSERS). She was abused by a former lover or who knows who, who, in a cold night, while she was selling tintos in the neighborhood of Usme, her face and body were destroyed with acid. At the time, she was only 18 years old and had a BEAUTIFUL 2 year old girl called DAINA, who did not recognise her mum when she left hospital after 3 months battling against her death. Have a look as well to the comment the director of Fundación el Quemado left on my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment